Our Property Litigation Team has more than 25 years' experience in advising landowners and landlords and tenants on a wide range of contentious property issues. We advise on all aspects of property litigation and handle high value complex work, ranging from commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes, service charge claims, property issues arising in redevelopment projects and on insolvency, to equitable proprietary remedies, including trusts of land and agricultural land disputes.
We advise on property related professional negligence claims and claims for breach of banking covenants relating to property and regularly advise clients on claims against solicitors, accountants and surveyors for negligent professional advice.
Contentious trust and probate disputes, where property issues are involved, are dealt with by a specialist Disputes Wills and Trusts team, who advise on proprietary estoppel claims, inheritance disputes, and property related trustee/beneficiary disputes.
Over the years we have fostered strong relationships with many national developers and social housing providers and are currently members of a number of panels for the provision of legal services. The team is also regularly instructed by high-street retailers, national housebuilders, pension funds, local authorities as well as individuals.
We understand that the litigation process can be a daunting and potentially costly and lengthy process and that is why we take a proactive approach to case handling, seeking ways to resolve matters at an early stage and working closely with our clients to ensure that we are providing value for money. And if a dispute takes an unexpected turn, we help our clients find creative solutions in the most cost effective way.
- Property contracts
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Residential landlord and tenant work
- Party wall and right to light claims
- Easement and restrictive covenant issues
- Mortgage repossession and restructuring claims
- Property issues on insolvency
- Property related negligence matters
- Telecoms issues
- Adverse possession claims
- Housebuilding & Development
- Social Housing
- Public Sector
- Real Estate
- Disputed Wills & Trusts
Frequently Asked Questions
What Public Sector panels are Ashfords on?
Ashfords act for more than 130 public authorities. If you would like to instruct us under a framework or you have any framework related questions, please email our Bid Team firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01392 333613.
Who should I contact if I have a property litigation query?
Sian Gibbon is head of property litigation and can be contacted at email@example.com or on 01392 334101
I am an individual/business and need help with a contentions property matter, can you help?
Please fill out the contact form below and we will get in touch with you.
Do you offer training to property professionals?
Yes, we provide training on a wide range of legal topics which may interest as well as soft skills workshops. Please fill out the contact form below with your training requirements.
- "Snagging or something more serious? An overview of developer's obligations" - Bristol
- Is time on your side? Issues with ‘time of the essence’ clauses in property contracts
- The threat of the old: a cautionary tale from Stonehenge
- Can a court be asked to answer a question it has already dealt with?
- Can’t pay? We’ll take it away
- Ashfords LLP proud sponsor of Plymouth University's Marine Prize
- No more ‘no DSS?’
- From Repair to Renovation: Time for Landlords to get the House in Order
- Permission to appeal to the Supreme Court granted – Julia Duval v 11-13 Randolph Crescent Limited
- People in glass houses… Neo Bankside Residents v Tate Modern Gallery – a consideration of the right to privacy.