Ian Ramsay Tompkins
Ian is an Associate in the Real Estate team, focussing on the residential development sector.
Ian advises both residential developers and landowners on acquisitions and disposals. He has experience of a variety of purchase structures, regeneration and development schemes, joint venture agreements and disposals. He also has experience of affordable housing transactions, insolvency sales and consortium arrangements.
Before joining Ashfords, Ian spent five years with Osborne Clarke where he established his interest in residential development and acted for a wide range of developers and national housebuilders.
Ian has a first-class degree in German from the University of Bristol, as part of which he spent a year teaching in Niedersachsen in north west Germany. He also has a first-class law degree from the University of Law.
- Major PLC housebuilder: Assisting a highly regarded national housebuilder on the acquisition of the first phase for up to 425 units at a significant new consented scheme in central Oxfordshire.
- Major PLC housebuilder: Acting for a major UK housebuilder on the acquisition of a development parcel forming part of a major mixed-use urban expansion site in Gloucestershire.
- Real estate fund: Acting for a real estate fund on the disposal of a residential scheme in Hertfordshire with the benefit of outline consent to a joint venture between two major developers.
- Regeneration client: Assisting a regeneration client with the redevelopment of a prime East London former industrial site for the provision of 130 residential units and 40,000 sf ft business centre.
- Landowners: Advising landowners in respect of an option Agreement with a national housebuilder with the potential to provide much needed housing in the west of England.