Ian Ramsay Tompkins
Ian is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate team, specialising in the residential development sector.
Ian’s key clients are PLC and SME developers, land promoters and landowners. He advises on immediate and strategic land transactions, and has experience of a variety of purchase structures, regeneration and development schemes, joint venture agreements and disposals. He also has experience of affordable housing transactions and consortium arrangements.
Before joining Ashfords, Ian spent five years with Osborne Clarke where he established his interest in residential development and acted for a wide range of developers and national housebuilders.
Ian has a first-class degree in German from the University of Bristol, as part of which he spent a year teaching in Niedersachsen in north west Germany. He also has a first-class law degree from the University of Law.
- Wichelstowe LLP: retained on an ongoing basis by the joint venture between BDW Trading Limited and Swindon Borough Council on the development of up to 3000 houses as a southern expansion of Swindon. Advice covers the full development lifecycle from initial land purchase through to build out and disposals.
- Vistry Homes Limited: advising the national housebuilder’s south west division on the acquisition of a circa 900 unit site in Devon.
- M7 Planning Limited and Octavia Homes Limited: advising on several strategic promotion and option agreements for the acquisition of residential development land across the south west, as well as sub-sale and sub-option agreements.
- Regeneration client: Assisting a regeneration client with the redevelopment of a prime East London former industrial site for the provision of 130 residential units and 40,000 sf ft business centre.
- Landowners: acting for landowners on a complex promotion agreement in relation to land in Buckinghamshire capable of delivering up to 900 new homes as part of a significant urban expansion.