We are an experienced team of family lawyers who can support you at every stage, whether that is putting in place a pre-nuptial agreement, guiding you through a divorce or separation, or resolving disputes involving children.
Family law issues can be sensitive and complex, with each case and family situation unique. Where there is conflict and different points of view, you need to be confident that your lawyer will be constructive and help you find the right solution - and that is always our approach.
Whatever your situation - we will be your trusted adviser. We’ll help you to spot and overcome challenges, protect your position and ultimately achieve an outcome that enables you to move forwards and look to the future.
Providing the full range of family law services and covering a number of specialist areas, our family law team can help you to:
- Navigate a relationship breakdown or divorce - whether you are cohabiting, in a civil partnership, or married.
- Agree a financial settlement if your relationship has broken down, you are getting a divorce or you are looking to dissolve a civil partnership.
- Deal with business assets and more complex business arrangements for example - within family businesses, for entrepreneurs, or for farming or rural families.
- Help you to protect assets – whether property or financial and whether held in the UK or abroad. We also have specialists in managing pensions during divorce and managing complex financial remedies.
- Help you to protect your wealth through cohabitation, pre and post-nuptial and pre and post-civil partnership agreements.
- Put in place emergency orders to prevent a spouse or partner from hiding or disposing of their assets during a relationship breakdown – known as dissipating assets.
- Make arrangements for your children when you separate or divorce, including arrangements for parents, for grandparents and where there are relocation considerations either in the UK or internationally.
- Resolve issues around schools and education, religion, health & welfare – including domestic abuse and protective orders.
- Agree financial orders for children, including lump sums, maintenance and property settlements.
- Enforce orders around child maintenance payments.