Isobel is an Associate in the Family Team.
Isobel provides specialist advice on all aspects of private family law, including relationship breakdown, financial settlements alongside divorce proceedings and/or civil partnership dissolution, asset protection, arrangements for children and injunctive relief.
Isobel has a particular focus on private issues concerning children, and deals with a broad range of matters, including:
- Disputes regarding with whom children should live and spend time with following relationship breakdown (Child Arrangement Orders);
- Cases where abuse has been alleged, requiring fact-finding hearings and/or injunctive orders for protection;
- Relocation of children within the UK and abroad; and
- Emergency orders to require/prevent a particular course of action pursued by a person with parental responsibility (e.g. specific issue orders and prohibited steps orders).
Isobel joined Ashfords in 2017 and qualified in October 2019 after completing her training contract with the firm.
Isobel is noted for her calm and compassionate, yet robust approach to achieve the best possible outcome for her clients. Isobel understands the impact of relationship breakdown on the individuals involved, including the children, and strives to help her clients to resolve their disputes in a constructive and conciliary way.
- Private client: Successfully represented a father in Children Act Proceedings which involved an implacably hostile breakdown in his relations with the child and achieved reunification between the father and the child with favourable contact arrangements.
- Private client: Represented a mother in contested Children Act Proceedings where several unfounded allegations were made by the father against the mother with a view to remove the children from her case. Successfully defended the mother to achieve a live with Order in the mother’s favour.
- Private client: Represented a client in Family Law Act Proceedings for a contested occupation order and non-molestation. Secured occupation of the family home and a protective order for the client and her child.
- Private client: Represented the husband in divorce and financial remedy proceedings, to achieve a settlement for the husband which achieved his goal of retaining his business.
- Private client: Acted for the husband in court proceedings for a Notice to Show Cause application, where the wife sought to renege from a Separation Agreement and “a second bite of the cherry”. Secured a favourable result for the husband which resulted in an Order being made on the original terms and no further finanical provision being made.