Jayne is a Partner in the Family Team, based in the Taunton office. She has over 20 years of experience in divorce and financial settlements.
Jayne specialises in complex and high net worth cases, involving businesses, inherited wealth, large pension funds and investment portfolios. She frequently acts for company directors, professionals and high-ranking members of the Armed Forces. She also specialises in wealth protection by advising on and drafting Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Contracts.
Jayne has gained Resolution Accreditation as a specialist in complex financial remedies and is one of only a handful of lawyers in Somerset and Devon who have been awarded the Specialist Accreditation for being an expert in pensions on divorce. She has also been awarded Membership of the Law Society’s Advanced Accreditation Scheme for her experience in complex asset cases. She is a qualified and active Collaborative lawyer.
She is known for her attention to detail and supportive yet robust approach in the pursuit of a fair settlement for her clients. She firmly believes that the best outcomes are reached by agreement but recognises the important balance between out of court negotiations and proceedings to achieve a successful resolution to matters.
Jayne has her own small flock of rare breed sheep and an equally small herd of rare breed award winning pigs. She has an understanding of the land and animals and this and her pragmatism makes her popular with farming clients.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Jayne was a Partner at a Legal 500 family law niche practice and a Partner and the Head of Family Law at well-known local firm.
- Private farming client: Representing a farmer with a multi-million-pound farming enterprise to include development options potentially worth an 8-figure sum, ensuring the retention of the farm on payment of a lump sum to the wife.
- Private farming client: Acting for a farmer with complex partnership arrangements with other family members, again ensuring the retention of the farm on payment of the lump sum to the wife.
- Private client: Representing a wife through financial remedy proceedings with assets valued in the region of £17 million including company interests. Securing 45% of the assets for the wife even though the husband’s business interests were in existence prior to the marriage.
- Private client: Acting for the wife in financial remedy proceedings where the husband was a CEO of a national company with a remuneration package of £2 million per annum. Securing successful outcome for the wife.
- Private client: Acting for a husband with a private limited company turning over several million and securing a financial clean break.