Megan is an Associate in the Family Team.
Megan provides specialist advice on the full spectrum of private family law work. This includes divorce, dissolution and finances matters within and out of court proceedings. Megan deals with traditional financial disputes as well as those with complex issues such as potential third party interveners, s.37 applications, add back and dissipation of assets arguments, Barder events and non-disclosure issues. Megan advises on asset protection including relationship agreements (such as nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements). Megan also advises unmarried couples including with deeds of separation and associated issues.
As well as advising separating couples on their separation, Megan also has a wealth of experience advising clients in respect of children issues, including child arrangements, prohibited steps orders, relocation matters, parental orders, special guardianship and specific issue orders both within and out of court proceedings. Injunctive relief is also something Megan advises clients on.
Taking a commercial and pragmatic approach, Megan prides herself on supporting clients through what is often a stressful and difficult time, with the aim of guiding them to a favourable outcome by exploring all available options in a cost effective manner.
Megan is a member of Resolution and approaches her cases with a view to resolving matters collaboratively.
Megan regularly receives praise from her clients. Once client comments “I couldn’t have asked for a better solicitor, you have made what has been a very difficult process as straightforward as it could possibly be. Thank you so much for everything you’ve done for me, for your advice, hard work and ongoing support! I cannot thank you enough for guiding me through and being so warm and empathetic during my divorce. I will always be grateful.”
- Private client: Successfully negotiating a swift financial settlement through voluntary negotiations for a high-net worth client meeting their key objectives.
- Private client: Following the conclusion of financial remedy proceedings whereby the other party failed to engage, representing the client in respect of enforcement issues and advising in respect of a suggested Barder event application.
- Private client: Representing two brothers to provide representations in respect of their brother’s complex divorce with the family’s large agricultural farm and holdings at the centre of the dispute.
- Private client: Acting for a partner wishing to enter into a pre-nuptial agreement covering significant UK assets following the lucrative sale of a business and dealing with land and assets in the UK and abroad.
- Private client: Acting for the father in respect of contested child relocation proceedings whereby mother attempted to move the child without the knowledge or consent of the father.
- Private client: Acting for mother in respect of difficult child residence proceedings and successfully securing contact after serious allegations of severe parental alienation.
Megan has always been professional and efficient, and I felt completely confident in her knowledge and advice. She is also very warm and empathetic which is so important when you are going through this process.