Samantha is a Senior Associate in the Family Team.
Samantha provides specialist advice on all areas of private family law including relationship breakdown, child arrangements, injunctive relief and asset protection.
As a collaborative family lawyer, she encourages separating couples to find family-focussed solutions together, both in relation to their financial and/or child arrangements. Known for her conciliatory, sensible and commercial approach to resolving disputes, Samantha works hard to find the best outcome for her clients in the most cost-effective manner. Where necessary, she is able to apply her experience dealing with complex financial proceedings in the family court.
Samantha also has vast experience in providing relationship planning advice, in respect of future or current relationships. Samantha represents clients who are married or civil partners, as well as those who are living together. She also regularly represents agricultural clients and business owners in cases involving high-net worth or complex asset portfolios. Samantha has developed a particular specialism assisting clients where there is a connection abroad, either in terms of their spousal visa status, child arrangements or assets and as to whether England and Wales is the most appropriate place to dissolve their relationship and to divide property.
Described as both an “exceptional lawyer” and “consummate professional, who is able to cut through legal complexities, who presents information clearly and concisely and always has your best interests at heart,” she is able to guide her clients through the private family law hurdles they face as painlessly as possible.
Samantha has been consistently ranked in legal publications Legal 500 and Chambers over the past few years as both a ‘Rising Star’ and ‘Associate to Watch’ as a result of her excellent reputation amongst clients and peers.
Samantha is a qualified collaborative lawyer and member of Resolution.
"Samantha was an incredible solicitor. Her legal knowledge and advice completely reassured me. Above this she was so supportive and understanding. I could not have made this tough journey without her." - Private Client
- Private client: Negotiating an agreement for a business owner in respect of the breakdown of her divorce with multi-million-pound assets, securing an unequal split as a result of contributions prior to the marriage and protecting her business for the future.
- Private client: Providing asset protection advice in respect of protecting wealth in excess of £10million in contemplation of marriage, including as to the approach to be adopted in respect of a proposed family investment company.
- Private client: Acting for a partner in a farming partnership in respect of the breakdown of his marriage, with assets in the UK and in the US. Successfully negotiating an agreement enabling the UK farm to continue operating and formalising the agreement in a complex financial order.
- Private client: Securing residency with the mother and a specific issue order allowing the child to move schools, after she initially faced a lengthy court battle without legal representation.
- Private client: Successfully negotiating for agreed relocation with the children to Europe, to enable a senior employee at a global brand to move with her work. This involved preparing a detailed relocation plan and illustrating how contact would work going forward.
From the outset, I felt heard. She is calm and collected in her approach to any circumstance that has arisen and is very well organised. She is always thinking ahead and doesn't leave any stones unturned.