Ben is a Legal Director in the Real Estate Team.
Ben advises corporates and individuals on commercial freehold and leasehold property transactions throughout the UK including the grant and taking of leases, acquisitions, disposals and ongoing property management.
Ben has particular expertise in the health and care and charity sectors and acts for a number of property-owning charities, GPs, domiciliary care operators, care homes and supported living businesses as well as some of the leading lenders in these sectors.
Ben was president of Bristol Law Society in 2013-2014 and is currently vice-chair of the Law Society’s Property Section Committee.
- Various GP surgeries: Acting for a number of southwest based GP surgeries in connection with the construction of new surgeries or extensions and ongoing lettings to complementary medical services and pharmacies.
- Home care provider: Acting for the UK’s leading home care provider in relation to the expansion of UK office network to over 80 units and ongoing property management.
- Mental health treatment provider: Acting for Europe’s leading treatment provider of acute mental health treatment services, addiction rehabilitation, neuro disability and complex care services on property acquisitions.
- Vehicle recovery service: Advising the UK’s leading provider of fleet incident management and specialist vehicle recovery services, on its relocation to new 43,000 sq. ft offices at Bradley Business Park in Huddersfield.
- Charitable manager: Acting for a leading UK charitable manager of care home and retirement living in relation to development of mixed-use scheme and sale of 60+ retirement living apartment.