Kate acts for residential developers and landowners in relation the purchase and sale of land for residential development. She deals with both short term and strategic acquisitions, advising on the terms of conditional contracts, promotion agreements, option agreements and consortium arrangements.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Kate was a Partner at Osborne Clarke where she acted for a number of major PLC housebuilder clients.
- Major PLC housebuilder: Leading for a housebuilder on a joint venture with a local authority for approximately 3,000 houses and ancillary mixed use development involving multiple service lines including corporate, banking, construction and planning.
- Landowners: Acting for a group of landowners entering into a hybrid promotion/ option agreement with a major housebuilder for around 750 houses.
- Major PLC housebuilder: Acting for a housebuilder on a high value build licence site just outside London for around 700 houses involving a district heating network, retail units, a doctors surgery, care home and affordable housing.
- Major PLC housebuilder: Advising on a consortium site for a major PLC housebuilder - exercising and varying historic option agreements, dealing with the buy out of one of the consortium members and partitioning.
- Regeneration client: Acting for a large regeneration client disposing of serviced parcels to housebuilders.