Simon is a Partner in the Real Estate Team specialising in commercial property transactions.
He advises institutional property investors, occupiers, financial institutions, developers, local authorities, renewable energy developers and sovereign wealth funds on a range of transactions including commercial property acquisitions and disposals, property finance, development and landlord and tenant matters
Prior to joining Ashfords, Simon trained and was an associate in the commercial real estate department at a leading international City firm during which he spend time working in the project finance team in their Singapore office.
- DP World: Advising on the acquisition, property management and financing of DP World London Gateway in Essex, one of the largest deep sea container ports and associated logistics parks in Europe.
- International Retailer: Acting for a high profile international retailer on the asset management of their 400+ store estate in England and Wales.
- Local Authority: Acting for a number of local authorities on the acquisition of property portfolios with an aggregate value of over £500m.
- Croxley Park: Acting for the owner of one of the most prominent business parks in the UK and dealing with all property aspects on the 700,000 sq. ft estate.
- Harbour Commissioners: Acting for a large number of harbour commissioners and port operators across the UK on a wide range of development and landlord and tenant work.
- Private Investor: Acting for a private commercial property investor on the asset management of their portfolio with a value of over £100m.
- Various renewable energy developers: Advising on the acquisition, financing and disposal of various solar, wind and battery storage sites across the UK including the largest ground mounted solar site in the UK.