Simon is an Associate in the Real Estate Team specialising in commercial property transactions.
He has advised institutional property investors, occupiers, financial institutions, residential developers, local authorities, renewable energy developers and sovereign wealth funds on a range of transactions including commercial property acquisitions and disposals, property finance, development and landlord and tenant matters.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Simon trained and was an Associate in the commercial real estate department at international law firm Norton Rose Fulbright LLP. During his training contract he also spent some time working in the project finance team in Norton Rose Fulbright's Singapore office.
- West End of London Property Unit Trust: Advising on a range of acquisitions and disposals of prime commercial property throughout central London as well as the ongoing management of such properties.
- West End of London Property Unit Trust: Advising on the high end redevelopment of a prime central London property in St James.
- DP World: Advising on the acquisition, management and financing of London Gateway in Essex, one of the largest deep sea container ports and associated logistics parks in Europe.
- WealthCap: Advising German property fund WealthCap on the refurbishment, letting and disposal of 100 Lower Thames Street and the letting and disposal of 90 Fetter Lane.
- Various renewable energy developers: Advising on the acquisition, financing and disposal of various solar, wind energy sites across the UK.