Tim is a Partner and Head of the Real Estate Team. Tim specialises in all aspects of the development of commercial and residential property.
In particular Tim deals with strategic site assembly, including land owner agreements, promotion and option agreements and more general development agreements.
His clients include landowners, regional and national housebuilders, housing associations and commercial developers.
He is recognised as a leading figure in Real Estate by both the Legal 500 and the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and is praised for his “good, sound commercial advice” and ability to “develop a good strong relationship with him”.
- BDW Trading Limited: Acting in the acquisition of a development site in Cornwall by way of a company acquisition.
- Housebuilder: Acting for a landed estate in the grant of a promotion agreement and subsequent disposal with the benefit of planning permission for 185 dwellings to a regional housebuilder.
- Cavanna Homes (Devon) Limited: Acting in the purchase of a development site at Clyst St Mary, Exeter for 80 dwellings.
- Private landowners: Acting for private landowners in the unconditional sale of a development site with the benefit of planning permission in Chudleigh for 230 dwellings.
- Private landowners: Acting for private landowners in the phased disposal of a large development site in Bovey Tracey to a national and a regional housebuilder.
He is very knowledgeable but also commercial. He understands the importance of the deal but doesn't get bogged down in the legalities when that's not really the issue.
Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession, 2017