Robin De Wreede
Robin is a partner in the Real Estate Team specialising in working for the Public Sector.
Robin advises a diverse range of public and private sector clients in connection with a wide range of Real Estate matters, including regeneration and development projects, acquisition and disposal and landlord and tenant matters. He has advised on major infrastructure and town centre regeneration and development projects for local government and their development partners. Having worked in house as a solicitor in Local Government, Robin has a sound grasp of the particular issues faced in connection with Public Sector Real Estate projects.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Robin was a Partner at Davitt Jones Bould, where he acted for clients including The Royal Parks, DEFRA and the Environment Agency among others.
Robin is recognised as a leading figure in both the Real Estate and Planning field by both the Legal 500 and Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and is praised for being "a creative and collaborative lawyer" and "very pragmatic, good at getting you where you need to be".
- Woking Borough Council: Leading this large scale regeneration project to deliver the mixed use redevelopment of over 1,000 dwellings, leisure facilities and other uses. The legal work included advising on the use of Compulsory Purchase Powers, and the negotiated acquisition of multiple properties.
- The Royal Parks: Advising The Royal Parks on the installation of the London Cycle Superhighway within London's Royal Parks. Advice included construction licences and commercial contracts in association with this large scale infrastructure project. Also advising The Royal Parks on contractual relationship with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.
- City and County of Swansea Council: in connection with a JV between the Council and Welsh Assembly Government, Robin drafted and negotiated the first leasehold disposal on a former industrial site along the M4 to a major national distribution company. The advice included EU procurement rules, development obligations and a wide range of Landlord and Tenant issues.
- Exeter Science Park Limited: A diverse range of Real Estate advice and commercial transactions in association with the expansion and development of Exeter Science Park. Projects have involved public sector and private sector partnerships and advice has included site acquisition and disposal, commercial tenancies, infrastructure development and elements of Real Estate financing.
- Chichester Borough Council: Advice in connection with the promotion of Tangmere, a strategic housing site for circa 1300 dwellings. Robin advised in connection with a development agreement and the use of Compulsory Purchase Powers.
- Department for Work and Pensions: Leading a team of lawyers on the PRIME project, a mass lease renewal project relating to thousands of leases across the UK. Robin managed a team of lawyers working on this project to deliver lease renewals on Job Centres and other sites occupied by DWP.