James is a Partner in the Real Estate Team. James has significant experience of advising clients on development related transactions and regularly acts for national organisations on security related transactions.
James frequently advises developer and landowner clients in relation to freehold acquisitions, disposals and development agreements. He also regularly advises on other types of property transactions with a focus on secured lending and investment/portfolio work.
James has recently advised a client in connection with the acquisition of a £45 million pound development site with the benefit of planning consent for residential dwellings, a village square and retail and office accommodation and is currently advising in relation to the subsequent disposal of Phase 1 and the affordable housing elements.
- Off-shore purchaser: Acting in relation to the acquisition of a multi-let office premises in Stevenage on behalf of an off-shore purchaser for the proposed redevelopment of the premises for residential accommodation.
- Leading supplier of cabling products and components: Acting for the company in connection with their growth and expansion by way of acquisition of a 5 acre site for a purpose built new industrial facility and warehouse at Plymouth International Business Park.
- National financial institution: Acting in connection with the grant of security facilities for a prominent City Centre building to cover the redevelopment of the property for the provision of accommodation for international students.
- Landowner: Acting in relation to the sale of a residential development site in Cornwall with a gross development value of £35 million comprising residential and affordable units.
- Landowner: Advising the landowner family in relation to a promotion agreement for the development of a site in the South Hams and the subsequent sale of the site to a national housebuilder.
An engaging and proactive communicator.
Legal 500 2018