We advise on all aspects of commercial developments from site inception and assembly through to acquisition, funding, construction and development and then disposal.
The team’s experience spans commercial developments within a range of sectors including commercial and industrial, retail and leisure, mixed-use schemes and energy and waste as well as large scale and complex property developments and urban regeneration projects.
We work with our clients to understand their proposals and what they want to achieve from developments of both urban and rural sites.
Our real estate development lawyers work closely with specialists across the firm including those in banking, construction, environmental, planning and tax to provide you with a comprehensive service and the expertise you need to deliver a successful commercial development and achieve your commercial objectives.
- Site constraints and defects
- Strategic planning advice
- Planning agreements (including Section 106, highways and drainage)
- Overage deeds, security for deferred consideration and escrow agreements
- Building leases, phased acquisitions and easements
- Community infrastructure levy (CIL)
- Collaboration agreements and joint venture agreements
- Planning applications and appeals, judicial reviews and statutory challenges
- Compulsory purchase and compensation
- Agreements with statutory undertakers
- Conditional and unconditional contracts, option agreements, promotion agreements and development agreements
- Remediation and contaminated land advice
- Rights to light advice
- Construction contracts and disputes
- Development funding advice and agreements
- Re-finance and bridging finance
- Estate set up and estate management
- Freehold and leasehold sales
- Pre-acquisition reviews
- Tax structuring advice