The judicial review team is a cross-departmental set of specialist lawyers who act for both claimants and defendants in judicial review applications.
We act for both claimants and defendants in judicial review applications, advising on the merits of bringing or defending applications and acting for clients through both the permission and final hearing stages.
The team consists of senior lawyers well established in practice and junior lawyers starting out in their careers. The team structure enables us to offer clients high quality advice at reasonable rates. The team is drawn from several of Ashfords' departments enabling us to offer specialist judicial review advice on a broad range of subject areas including judicial reviews arising in the planning, property, procurement, commercial and tax sectors.
If you are in need of specialist judicial review advice, please contact one of our key contacts listed above.
- Good news for judicial review defendants - Wednesbury unreasonableness is still a high threshold to meet
- High Court denies standing for a crowdfunded judicial review challenge to a Council procurement decision
- High Court refuses permission for a judicial review of the Serious Fraud Office's refusal to close an ongoing investigation
- Waiting for legal aid is not an excuse for missing time limits in judicial review cases
- Judicial Review - Planning for the Future?