Liam is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution Team and advises on business disputes focusing on contractual disputes including in relation to franchising and shareholder disputes.
Liam advises a full range of businesses and individuals from sole traders to government departments, local authorities and limited companies. Liam is developing a practice in contractual disputes arising out of franchise relationships, working closely with Andrew Perkins, a Partner in the team specialising in franchise disputes.
Liam's practice includes advising on the enforcement of restrictive covenants in a variety of contracts ranging from employment contracts to franchise agreements and share purchase agreements. Liam has extensive experience both in enforcing and defending restrictive covenants disputes with significant experience in achieving settlement without the need for legal proceedings.
- Multi-national private company: Assisting a Partner with a multi-million pound dispute in relation to the sale of a Russian property development which included assisting with proceedings in the Commercial Court.
- Franchisee: Advising in relation to exit from Franchise Agreement in relation to a national retail franchise following a breakdown of the relationship with the Franchisor.
- Private company: Successfully defending a breach of warranty claim and obtaining settlement payment of deferred consideration in favour of our client arising out of an SPA.
- Private individual: Advising in respect of an unfair prejudice claim relating to the disposal of property at an alleged undervalue to connected parties.
- Private company: Advising in relation to termination and pursuit of damages in relation to a software licensing agreement for specialist software in the automotive industry.