We are a cadre of specialist litigators. We work with our clients to find the most effective route to resolving the disputes that inevitably arise during the course of business helping to quantify and manage risk and offering solutions driven advice. We actively work with our clients on litigation avoidance strategies. We appreciate how competitive the market place is for our clients and the challenging decisions that are having to be made as a consequence. We can help in pre-empting issues that might arise from those decisions.
Our philosophy is to place ourselves between our client and the problem and we never lose sight of the fundamental issue in each case that we take - what outcome does our client need to achieve - and that directs everything we do and how we do it.
We work with local, national and international clients. Business startups to multi-nationals, major banks, public sector bodies and utilities. Our litigators have the scope and flexibility to provide specific resourcing to our clients including placement of teams to work alongside in house teams on short and medium term secondment.
Business Support - Shareholder and director disputes and unfair prejudice claims
We have significant experience of acting for shareholders in relation to shareholder disputes and unfair prejudice claims under section 994 of the Companies Act 2006, and have acted for both shareholders who have been unfairly prejudiced against and shareholders facing allegations of unfair prejudice.
We deal with all forms of commercial, consumer and statutory debts. We can handle all aspects of the legal process, from advising about recovery options and serving a letter before action to issuing proceedings and dealing with both uncontested and contested proceedings through to enforcement.
Defamation, Privacy and Reputation Management
Reputation is everything, and reacting to adverse publicity requires specialist legal advice. We aim to deflect adverse publicity before publication, or soften the impact of publication through positive messaging. Our experience with a range of corporate clients and individuals means we can formulate and deliver response strategies tailored to your requirements.
We aim to provide you with the most efficient solutions, tailored to your needs. Our ADR accredited team is experienced in bringing disputes of various kinds to settlement before court hearings, saving you time and money. We are able to offer mediation rooms and facilities at all of our offices.
High Court considers whether duty of care owed by lender and valuer
In a decision which, somewhat unusually, provides comfort for both lenders and valuers (who are often on opposing sides of litigation), the Circuit Commercial Court has found in favour of Santander and BNP Paribas and disposed of the Claimant's claims against them summarily.
Relevant ExperienceAll relevant experience
9 hours ago
1 day ago
2 days ago
- Supreme Court addresses contractual clauses seeking to prevent oral modifications
- High Court considers whether duty of care owed by lender and valuer
- Compensation for distress under the Data Protection Act 1998
- Compensation after a Breach of Data Protection Rights
- Damages Based on a Hypothetical Release Fee ("Wrotham Park Damages") No Longer Available in Restrictive Covenant Disputes
- Ashfords advise Form3 on innovative partnership to provide real-time access to faster payments
- Service of the Claim Form: Playing 'technical games' considered breach of solicitor's duty to further the overriding objective
- Ice on the road - what defence do motorists have in an accident?
- Misfeasance, limitation and set off
- Playing by the rules: The Supreme Court gives guidance to those intending to act without legal representation and those acting against them