Our team can help your business take the next step in its growth, whatever that looks like. Our experts can advise you on fundraising (seed, crowd funding, VC, growth) through to M&A and listings, help you protect your intellectual property and brand, and navigate the quickly evolving regulatory framework concerning data privacy and consumer protection.
Marine and Transport
- Hastings Harbour Quarter: Advising in respect of a major coastal regeneration project at Hastings. The project is the largest current coastal regeneration project in the UK. The scheme includes a new breakwater, a new marina, approximately 1,000 to 1,300 homes (built on a platform partly over tidal water) and transport improvements. Recognising our market leading coastal development expertise, Hastings Harbour Quarter Limited have instructed Ashfords to lead on the complex marine planning and regulatory aspects, including the required Harbour Empowerment/Revision Order, marine licenses and other marine consents.
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI): Advising and acting for the RNLI in respect of the charity's marine licensing requirements for maintenance of all existing infrastructure across the UK. Successfully secured the grant of ground breaking ten year regional marine licences.
- Statutory Harbour Authorities: Acting for a number of harbour authorities, advising on regulatory matters, including harbour revision orders, statutory harbour powers, harbour directions, general directions, byelaws, prosecutions, removal of vessels and wrecks.
- Shipbuilding Contracts: Advising clients on shipbuilding contracts worth in excess of €50 million primarily for super yachts and built in either North West Europe or Taiwan (Far East)
- Camoren Holdings Ltd: (a company incorporated in Gibraltar). Advising on the £1.4 billion Blue Water Gibraltar Super Yacht Marina Development, representing the largest outside investment for Gibraltar.
- Windfarm Development: Acting for a major fishing industry organisation and concluding matters with RWE nPower in respect of a £10 billion windfarm development.
- Major coastal regeneration project:Advising in respect of a major coastal regeneration project (in excess of £500 million GDV), including the Harbour Empowerment/Revision Order, planning permission, marine licenses, other marine consents and environmental consents.
- Gibraltar Blue Water Super Yacht Development(£1.4 billion GDV): Advising Camoren Holdings Limited including preliminary development, funding and strategic advice, negotiation of framework agreement and funding agreement.
- Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI): Advising and acting for the RNLI in respect of the charity's marine licensing requirements for maintenance of all existing infrastructure across the UK. Successfully secured the grant of a ground breaking ten year regional marine licence.
- Multi-million pound coastal developments: Advising in respect of planning permission, marine licences, other marine consents (including Wildlife Licensing), the Public Right of Navigation and EIA Regulation 10 Deferral connected to a number of multi-million pound coastal developments.
- Osprey Quay Marina, Weymouth (Olympics):Advising SWRDA on construction contract amendments and collateral warranties in relation to Osprey Quay Marina, Weymouth for the Olympics
- Harbour Revision and Harbour Closure Orders:Advising in respect of a Harbour Revision Order application (including drafting the HRO). Advising a statutory harbour authority in respect of a potential Harbour Closure Order. Objecting to a Harbour Revision Order on behalf of a third party organisation.
- Marine Cable Installation:Advising a marine cable installation contractor in related to disputed variations under a FIDIC Yellow Book contract for termination and testing of 18 kilometres of core submarine cables in relation to an offshore windfarm.