Jonathan is an Associate in the Commercial Team. Jonathan advises on a broad range of commercial contracts with a particular focus on arrangements relating to infrastructure, energy, waste, and rural sectors. Jonathan has particular experience in advising on projects in the operational phase, advising on structuring issues and providing solutions to issues within the existing contractual relationships.
In the infrastructure, energy and waste sectors, Jonathan advises clients on all aspects of outsourcing (including long- and short-term services contracts, feedstock and offtake contracts) and power purchase agreements. Jonathan also advises in respect of issues with Ofgem and eligibility for FiTs, RHI, ROCs and other subsidy regimes.
In the agriculture sector, Jonathan prepares and negotiates the commercial agreements required in order to implement estate succession planning schemes, such as partnership agreements, contract farming and share faring agreements.
Recently Jonathan has been involved in advising private and affordable housebuilders and local authorities in respect of the installation of electric vehicle charging points (“EVCPs”) and the procurement of car clubs.
Jonathan also advises the public sector on outsourcings, in particular those relating to social care and similar functions.
- Energy: Advising the project companies on the maintenance, operation and feedstock provision for Anaerobic Digestion facilities sponsored by Ixora Energy Ltd and two funders. As at September July 2015, the projects are expected to produce c.18MW of energy (in terms of electricity production, gas exported to the national gas grid and thermal output) with a total capital value of c.£30 million.
- Waste: Advising Torbay Council its procurement of a joint venture partner for the outsourcing of its complete direct services and waste division, including advice during the term on operational issues.
- Rural: Advising a landed estate on the formation of a partnership in order to develop a trading business for the purposes of inheritance tax reliefs.
- EVCPs: Advising Wichelstowe LLP (a joint venture between Swindon Borough Council and a private housing developer) in respect of its contractual joint venture for the installation, operation and management of EVCPs in a multi-phase housing development in the Swindon area.
- Social Care: Advising Wandsworth Borough Council on its multi-lot second generation outsourcing of its homecare services function to private sector operators.