Stephen has advised on some of the largest projects in the UK promoted under the Planning Act 2008 as Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIPs) including onshore wind, solar, new major highways, new nuclear, a hazardous waste facility and a strategic rail freight interchange. Stephen advises extensively on Developments of National Significance (DNS) in Wales including new onshore wind and solar proposals.
Stephen advises from the inception of a proposal until its delivery and beyond; including pre-application and consultation, Environmental Impact Assessment compliance, habitats matters, compulsory purchase, advocacy at hearings, development strategy, post-consent issues and judicial review.
Stephen also has significant experience of acting for promoters of major regeneration schemes and new communities, large-scale leisure development, aviation development and extensive judicial review experience (High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court).
- Private solar developer: promoting a solar NSIP.
- Private highways developer: promoting and acting as advocate on a major new highways NSIP.
- Private solar developer: promoting and acting as advocate on a 38MWp solar farm proposal in Wales (DNS).
- Private renewable energy developer: promoting an onshore wind farm.
- Private waste operator: advising on the development of an energy from waste development.
"Stephen Humphreys is highly efficient, ensuring that we fully understand all aspects of the planning issues involved. He is logical, professional and clear-thinking, and has a great depth of knowledge. Very happy to recommend him" Legal 500, Planning Tier 1 - 2020/21