Our team works on significant and complex construction and engineering, infrastructure, and energy and waste projects nationally. Our clients benefit from having robust contracts in place, which helps them avoid costly and time consuming disputes.
Our experience ranges from advising on multi-million pound construction disputes to routine pre-contract risk reviews and, further, providing pre and post-completion support to PPP/PFIs, in particular in the waste and health sectors.
We have advised on a broad spectrum of innovative and complex projects. Our experience covers a range of sectors including energy and waste, residential property, health, education, recreation, defence, IT, roads, airports and other infrastructure. Our clients include a broad cross-section of major international sponsors, project companies, developers, leading contractors and consultants, waste and water companies and public bodies.
We have expertise in advising on the construction aspects of developments in a range of sectors, including residential, commercial, health, education, retail and energy and experience in drafting and negotiating all of the major standard forms of contract (including JCT, NEC, IChemE, PPC and FIDIC)
Our team is widely experienced in adjudication, arbitration and litigation, including proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court and Court of Appeal and we pride ourselves on getting results for our clients.
We have vast experience of advising on PPP and PFI projects for a varied client base including procuring authorities, sponsors, investors and lenders. Our established track record of advising on a variety of project structures in a range of sectors means that our clients can be confident of receiving commercially grounded and legally robust advice tailored to the complexities of their project.
We have advised on a number of flagship highways, rail and related infrastructure projects. We provide advice to clients who commission, procure, fund and deliver highways infrastructure projects. We support clients from initial consultation and project structuring, including advising on all aspects of procurement, to post completion contract management.
Relevant ExperienceAll relevant experience
57 days ago
58 days ago
66 days ago
- When robust legal terms are not enough - Site condition risk and the danger of commercial clarifications
- Court considers issues of "Practical Completion"
- Restriction on contractual prohibitions on assignment of debts
- Hacking a pathway through a dense thicket - clarity from the Court of Appeal on smash and grabs
- Post-Brexit Immigration: Building a Brighter Future in the UK?
- You have the right to adjudicate at any time… unless the Referring Party is in liquidation!
- UK Spaceflight Programme
- Ashfords' Stephen Homer co-authors award winning Mediation Guide
- Lateral hires from TLT latest arrivals to strengthen Ashfords’ Bristol office
- Does Grove give us more than the potential end to "Smash and Grab" Adjudications?