Mark is a Partner in the Construction & Infrastructure Team specialising in complex building and engineering contracts and ancillary contract documentation as well as construction and engineering disputes.
Mark has significant experience in advising on and negotiating the contractual documentation used within the construction and engineering sector and providing advice and assistance on dispute avoidance and resolution.
Mark also regularly provides dispute resolution assistance within the construction and engineering sector, including assisting clients with adjudications and pre-action negotiations. He also has a wealth of experience in advising on complex disputes arising in relation to PPP/PFI contracts.
Mark has extensive building contract experience and is described in Chambers & Partners Legal Directory as "proactive" and a "can-do person", with clients praising his ability.
- Local authority: Advising a local authority in setting up their framework agreement for the delivery of capital works, housing and mechanical and electrical works. The work involved drafting the framework agreement for the appointment of contractors and consultants, forms of underlying call off contracts and associated documentation (including collateral warranties, parent company guarantees and performance bonds) together with a form of access agreement to allow other public sector bodies to call off works and services from the framework.
- International retailer: Advising in respect of contracts for all of this major retailer's pan European construction works, including new build and store fit outs.
- Facilities management contractor: Representing the FM contractor in respect of an adjudication between the SPV company and the contractor in relation to categorisation of lifecycle works.
- Private clients: Advising private clients in respect of contract documentation for design and construction of high end residential refurbishment works.
- Repairs and maintenance contractor: Carrying out regular contract reviews and construction advice for repairs and maintenance contractor.
Digest and comprehend complex contractual issues quickly.
Chambers and Legal professional guide