Lianne is a Solicitor in the Construction & Infrastructure Team dealing primarily with contentious matters.
She acts for a range of clients including developers, local authorities, contractors and sub-contractors.
Lianne's dispute resolution experience includes assisting with pre-action negotiations and all stages of the Pre-Action Protocol Process under the Pre-Action Protocol for Construction and Engineering Disputes, adjudications and court proceedings. Her non-contentious work includes advising on collateral warranties and consultants' appointments.
She is a member of the committee for Exeter Young Business Club ("XYBC"). XYBC was set up by Ashfords in 2002 to allow young professionals in the Exeter business community to meet and build relationships.
- Riva Properties Limited and Ors : Successfully acting for the Claimant in the high profil case of Riva Properties Ltd & Ors v Foster + Partners Ltd  EWHC 2574 (TCC) in which the High Court ruled that Fosters were in breach of contract for failing to design to a budget and awarded Riva £3.6m plus costs and interest.
- Devon County Council: Part of the team acting on a circa £11.5 million claim against the architect and contractor in relation to a defective school.
- Exeter City Council: Part of the team acting on disputes in relation to contracts for structural engineering and mechanical and electrical engineering in relation to the refurbishment of the city museum.
- Maintenance contractor: Assisting with acting for a large maintenance contractor in adjudication proceedings on the appropriate interpretation of the maintenance contract relating to end of design life repairs.
- Christopher Ballard: Assisting with acting for Christopher Ballard in defending arbitration proceedings on the basis the Arbitrator lacked jurisdiction and subsequent appeal to the Technology and Construction Court (Ian Rollitt (trading as CD Consult) v Christopher Leonard Ballard  EWHC 1500 (TCC).