Lianne is an Senior Associate in the Construction & Infrastructure Team dealing primarily with contentious matters.
She acts for a range of clients including developers, local authorities, contractors and sub-contractors.
Lianne's dispute resolution experience includes acting for a range of clients in pre-action negotiations and all stages of the Pre-Action Protocol Process under the Pre-Action Protocol for Construction and Engineering Disputes, adjudications, arbitrations and court proceedings. Lianne’s contentious work involves advising on claims for delay, acceleration, extensions of time and loss and expense, repudiatory breach of contract, terminations and final account disputes.
- Riva Properties Limited and Ors: Successfully acting for the Claimant in the high profile case of Riva Properties Ltd & Ors v Foster + Partners Ltd  EWHC 2574 (TCC) in which the High Court ruled that Fosters were in breach of contract for failing to design to a budget and awarded Riva £3.6m plus costs and interest.
- EPC Contractor: Acting for main contractor in relation to various disputes with sub-contractors in relation to the construction of a large energy from waste plant.
- Employer: Acting for an SPV in relation to a large claim against the Contractor in relation to the design and construction of a 1MW anaerobic digestion plant.
- Exeter City Council: Assisting with acting on disputes in relation to contracts for structural engineering and mechanical and electrical engineering in relation to the refurbishment of the city museum.
- Maintenance contractor: Assisting with acting for a large maintenance contractor in adjudication proceedings on the appropriate interpretation of the maintenance contract relating to end of design life repairs.
Some particular associates to mention are Lee Ward, Lianne Edwards and Ella Nyakuedzwa-Smith. All are excellent in their knowledge and ability, They will go far in their chosen career.
Legal 500 2021