Relevant Experience - Franchising
- Andrew Worley has been a Subway panel approved solicitor for over 14 years and during that period has assisted Subway in agreeing Leases for over 800 locations including the first Subway in an Airport a Tesco and an Asda. Andrew has also assisted franchisees in the sale and purchase of over 1,000 trading Subway stores .
- EE deal – Ashfords has recently assisted an EE franchisee in the acquisition of an additional 6 trading EE Stores by way of a Share Purchase which include extensive due diligence into the trading company and the Properties occupied and trading as EE stores.
- Miss Millie's - Ashfords has recently assisted clients in the acquisition of the master franchise for Miss Millie's Fried Chicken carrying out extensive due diligence including a thorough review of the franchise agreements and assisted them with acquisition of leases for the launch of corporate stores.
- Developed an overseas franchise agreement for South Africa and a model agreement to be utilised by the client in emerging markets. Also assisted the client on transfer, pricing and design. The assistance was multi-jurisdictional and included a service provision structure for global management consultancy.
- Drafting a master franchise agreement for a chain of hairdressers.
- Class action representing 23 franchisees of a well-known international QSR franchise based around UK, complicated by insolvency issues and contemporaneous proceedings in 3 separate jurisdictions.
- Representation of national franchisor in reprographics industry in proceedings against errant franchisee, including freezing injunction, enforcement of search order and ultimately committal proceedings.
- Drafting master franchise agreement and area development agreement for a child care and foster family franchise.
- Assisting a market leading organic farm food supplier on amendments to their existing franchise agreement.
- Assisting national fresh pasty franchise on launch of the network and their franchise agreement.
- Providing advice to franchisees on the terms of franchise agreements which include Toni & Guy, Benetton, IHG Hotels, Neal’s Yard Remedies, Cash Generator, Business Doctor and Londis.
- Advising Sensus USA Inc on its joint bid with Arqiva for the roll out of smart metering services across the UK.
- Advising NYnet (a subsidiary of North Yorkshire County Council) on its circa £26m high speed broadband infrastructure project, one of four national BDUK pathfinder projects.
- Advising Penhaligon's on Worldwide trademark portfolio management including watching, clearance, filing and prosecution of brand infringement and corporate re-organisation.
- Providing ongoing data protection and information security advice to the Post Office Limited.