Brian has significant experience in advising clients on sub-contracts, service contracts, EPC contracts, joint venture arrangements, corporate governance and M&A arrangements. This experience includes both contentious and non-contentious matters.
- Pennon: Lead adviser to the in-house team on the conditional sale of Viridor Limited for £4.2bn in respect of the commercial and property aspects.
- Lakeside Energy from Waste: Lead adviser on the possible relocation of the 440ktpa energy from waste facility west of London.
- Funds: Advising funds on numerous investments (as lead equity investor) including in respect of the acquisition of a recyclable company, the acquisition and development of biomass projects (including drafting of the necessary project documentation) and the acquisition of two operational solar parks.
- Developer: Advising a developer on the restructuring and second phase of a distressed biomass project.
- Urbaser S.A. and Meridiam: Advising Urbaser S.A. in respect of their bid for the Belgrade EFW Project (based on UK PFI standards).
Brian is an extremely capable, reliable and commercial lawyer. He understands the business and the nature of an in-house role. These attributes mean that, where needed, I can trust him trust him to deal with my internal commercial clients on complex and time critical matters. His attitude to client service, including understanding our current and future service needs (both in the legal and commercial arenas), make him a valued client relationship partner.
Simon Pugsley, General Counsel Pennon Group Plc