Brian has significant experience in advising clients on sub-contracts, service contracts, EPC contracts, joint venture arrangements, corporate governance and grant funding arrangements. This experience includes both contentious and non-contentious matters.
- Pension fund: Advising a fund on numerous investments (as lead equity investor) including in respect of the acquisition of a recyclable company and the acquisition and development of biomass projects (including drafting of the necessary project documentation).
- Biomass developer: Advising a developer on the restructuring and second phase of a distressed biomass project.
- Urbaser S.A. and Meridiam: Advising Urbaser S.A. in respect of their bid for the Belgrade EFW Project (based on UK PFI standards).
- Urbaser Limited: Advising Urbaser Limited in its capacity as Operating Contractor on the Essex County Council Waste PFI and further advising Urbaser Limited and Balfour Beatty in their capacity as EPC Contractor on the Gloucestershire County Council Waste PPP.
- Viridor Waste Management: Advising in relation to the projects aspects of its acquisition of the transport sub-contractor to the Lancashire County Council Waste PFI.
Brian is an extremely capable, reliable and commercial lawyer. He understands the business and the nature of an in-house role. These attributes mean that, where needed, I can trust him trust him to deal with my internal commercial clients on complex and time critical matters. His attitude to client service, including understanding our current and future service needs (both in the legal and commercial arenas), make him a valued client relationship partner.
Simon Pugsley, Deputy General Counsel, & Head of Commercial Law, Pennon Group Plc