Suzie has developed a breadth of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial/IT contracts including for bespoke software development, support and maintenance and the provision of software and hardware for a range of deployment models including, cloud, SaaS and on premise. Suzie advises on the entire sourcing cycle providing pragmatic advice from the early stages of deciding how to structure a transaction, deciding the strategy for purchasing within an existing IT estate or structuring a commercial model, right through to contract negotiations, implementation and post contractual changes.
- Sensus UK Systems Limited: Advising a leading technology solutions company in relation to its collaboration with Arqiva to put forward a solution under the competitive dialogue tender process for the Government’s smart metering implementation programme calling for the installation of smart meters in homes nationwide by 2019.
- Post Office Limited: Providing on-going advice on the separation of its software licences from a previous group company and setting up a new software licensing structure through the use of an outsourced service integrator and a SIAM operating model.
- Eltel Networks UK Limited: Advising on its subcontract with Huawei for the provision of services to Virgin Media to connect approximately 4 million UK homes and businesses to broadband speeds of 152Mb, at least twice the speeds available from competitors. The roll out by Virgin Media constituted the single largest investment in broadband digital infrastructure in the country for more than a decade.
- Form3: Negotiating and drafting commercial agreements for Form3, who offer cloud based integrated banking and universal payments solutions, with their partner third parties such as Arkea Banking Services, to provide an integrated financial services infrastructure. Form3 offers the first public cloud deployment of a fully functioned end to end payments solution incorporating a payment engine which already provides solutions to 4 of world’s 6 largest transaction banks.
- Dynmark: Advising a company providing mobile intelligence and marketing platforms on the sale of its cloud messaging and portal tools and services both directly to customers and to clients for re-sale purposes, including advising on Intellectual Property Rights and use of the data collected from end users.
It is rare to find in a legal team with the combination of professionalism, technical knowledge, work ethic and temperament to work on such a complex transaction between a cloud native payment technology provider, such as Form3, and our established banking clients – particularly for such critical services – it has been a pleasure to work with Suzie and the team at Ashfords and we look forward to working with them on many more!
Mike Walters, Chief Product Office at Form3