Our experienced Court of Protection team can advise in relation to all types of welfare disputes that may arise including disputes in relation to:
- Mental capacity assessments
- Where a person should live
- What care and support they should receive
- The use of the deprivation of liberty safeguards
- Medical treatment decisions
- Safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Contact between certain individuals
- A person’s ability to consent to sexual relationships or marriage
We also provide advice regarding complaints and challenges against decisions made by social services and health authorities. If a decision is made in relation to you or someone close to you and you believe this to be unreasonable, our experts can advise you of your options.
We will support you every step of the way and aim to reduce the inevitable stress and concern that these circumstances cause. Where at all possible, we seek to resolve disputes before Court intervention is required.
Ashfords holds a Legal Aid contract for this type of work and so can also consider your eligibility for Legal Aid funding depending on your circumstances.