Partner and Head of Trusts & Estates
Kerry is a Partner and Head of the Trusts & Estates Team. Kerry has been qualified for 12 years.
She advises private individuals, charities and trustees in relation to all matters arising out of contentious Wills, Trusts and Estates. In addition, Kerry also advises clients in relation to contentious Court of Protection matters.
Kerry regularly advises clients in relation to challenges to the validity of a Will or Trust Instrument. She also advises on will construction and rectification claims and claims against personal representatives and trustees regarding their performance, including applications for their removal and replacement.
Kerry also frequently advises on claims for financial provision from an estate pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, proprietary estoppel claims, claims in relation to lifetime transactions on the basis that they are void for lack of capacity, undue influence or fraud and professional negligence claims relating to Trusts and Estates.
Kerry regularly delivers training on the latest developments in the sector and is an accomplished conference speaker. Externally, Kerry is recognised by Legal 500 and it is commented that she is "experienced and gutsy" and "extremely knowledgeable in the area of contentious probate’, dealing with matters ‘timeously and with precision and expertise’. Kerry is also a full member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists ("ACTAPS").
"Courteous and have the ability to put one at ease with the knowledge that his or her matter will be dealt with professionally and expertly." - Legal 500 2018
"I've always been very impressed by her and her instructions," says a barrister, adding that "she is very ambitious and is getting some great work in." - Chambers 2020
"Kerry Morgan-Gould is a hugely able and unflappable performer who can effortlessly carry the heaviest case-load, and keep delivering the performance which brings her clients back again and again." – Legal 500 2020
- National charity: Advising the charity in relation to a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 by the Deceased's adult child.
- Private client: Acting on behalf of a residuary beneficiary in relation to a probate action which included allegations of fraud and undue influence surrounding the preparation and execution of the Deceased's Will.
- Private client: Acting on behalf of the deceased's disabled wife in relation to a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 in an estate worth in excess of £3 million. The matter also included a successful application to bring the claim out of time.
- Private client: Acting on behalf of an executor in relation to an application to remove a co-executor.
- Private client: Acting on behalf of the Deputies of a Protected Person in connection with a claim against a family member for the misappropriation of the Protected Persons assets.
a fighter for the client.