We have extensive experience setting up different types of trust to suit a range of client requirements, from managing the transition of wealth to future generations through to trusts that support those without the capacity to manage their own affairs.
Depending on the type of trust needed, there can be a variety of important and sometimes complex tax and legal issues to manage. We will work closely with you to make sure a clear trust agreement is in place and that all parties are clear on the intent, so that the trust delivers as required.
Key aspects that we can support with at trust set up include:
- Identifying what type of trust will work best to suit your needs.
- Helping to choose the right trustee(s) to manage the trust.
- Creating a trust agreement that outlines all the details on the assets that will go into the trust, that details who the trustee(s) are, who the beneficiary or beneficiaries are and provides clear direction on how/when any assets will be distributed.
- Arranging the transfer of any assets to the trustee(s).
- Registering the trust with the relevant bodies including HMRC.