Angus is a Partner in the Corporate Team specialising in corporate tax and property related taxes.
Angus advises public sector, private sector, listed companies, private companies and selling shareholders. Angus also specialises in complex group re-organisations, EIS, SEIS and cross-border tax issues. He provides strong tax support to the large and expanding Corporate Team.
As well as the above he advises on VAT, stamp duty and stamp duty land tax and employment related securities legislation.
- Cattran Trading Limited: Advising the client and obtaining income tax, corporation tax and capital gains tax clearances to demerge its assets to different family members on a tax neutral basis involving a demerger by way of capital reduction.
- HybridCluster: Advising in relation to a reorganisation of HybridCluster being acquired by a Delaware incorporated company, applying for income tax, corporation tax, capital gains tax and EIS clearances to ensure the continuance of shareholders' EIS relief.
- Housing association: Advising on the VAT and SDLT issues on the acquisition of land under a purchase/build agreement for a large housing development.
- Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust: Advising the trust on employment related tax issues.
- Covea SGAM: Negotiating Tax Deed and Tax Warranties on behalf of Covea SGAM on the acquisition of Provident Insurance plc, providing tax advice on post transactional business integration to preserve corporation tax losses.
He proved knowledgeable throughout my dealings with him and clearly excels in the area of tax law.