John is an SRA Regulated Partner in the Trusts and Estates Team. John has been qualified for 32 years.
John is Head of our Charities Group and a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and the STEP Charities Special Interest Group.
John advises on many aspects of private client work such as the creation of Wills, lifetime tax planning for individuals and the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney.
John also advises the estates of deceased persons on the best way to realise assets and can negotiate with HMRC to ensure that the correct amount of Inheritance Tax is paid.
John also drafts new Trusts and advises Trustees on complications which arise with their trusts and how to remedy them often without recourse to expensive Court proceedings.
John also advises the Administrators of non-UK individuals who have UK assets and need help in realising them. John is familiar with the necessary routes to obtain a UK grant of representation in these circumstances.
- Private clients: Advising high net worth individuals on suitable tax planning structures.
- Private clients: Drafting deeds to confirm actions taken by trustees.
- Private clients: Preparing Wills incorporating discretionary trusts and charities.
- Private client: Negotiating with HMRC on obtaining suitable reliefs for Inheritance Tax for a large estate.
- Private clients: Advising individuals on business property relief.