Kirstin is an SRA Regulated Partner in the Trusts and Estates Team. Kirstin has been qualified for 24 years.
Kirstin advises a wide range of clients on all aspects of private client work. This includes advising on Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney and all aspects of Estate Administration. Although Kirstin has a broad practice she specialises in Estate and Tax planning and predominantly acts for business owners and farming families.
Kirstin has returned to the South West of England, having spent almost 30 years in the North East of England. Prior to her relocation Kirstin was a Partner at a large commercial law firm in Newcastle upon Tyne where she headed up their private capital team.
Kirstin is a full member of STEP and is recognised as having “a great deal of expertise” and “a solid reputation”.
- Private clients: Advising on Tax planning through Wills and post death variations to maximise the use of Inheritance Tax allowances including the Residence Nil Rate Band and available tax reliefs including Business Relief and Agricultural Property Relief and to take advantage of the reduced rate of Inheritance Tax which applies where at least 10% of an estate passes to charity.
- Private clients: Advising on succession planning in relation to businesses both through lifetime planning and through Will planning including balancing the interests of family members who are working in the business with those who are not.
- Private client: Acting for a client in a successful claim for business relief from Inheritance Tax on an investment property owned by a farmer on the basis it formed part of the overall farming business resulting in significant Inheritance Tax savings.
- Private clients: Advising on Wills which provide for Disabled Beneficiaries.
- Private clients: Advising on Wills where the client owns assets abroad including advice on the EU Succession Regulations.