Headed by fraud specialist Jeremy Asher, our team has gained an increasingly high profile and reputation in the area of fraud and white collar crime, being ranked Tier 1 by Legal 500 for the past 3 years. We support company directors and businesses facing investigation and prosecution by the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), National Crime Agency (NCA), Police, CPS, BIS and HMRC among others and frequently advise on complex and high value cases.
Experience tells us that speed is of the essence when businesses learn of threats that could lead to investigations; the faster you act the more likely you will receive a favourable outcome. We can therefore conduct internal investigations as well as advice at interview under caution.
We also provide diligence training to directors to prevent them from inadvertently breaking the law or becoming victims themselves.
View our Relevant Experience here.
Late last month it was announced that The Serious Fraud Office ("the SFO") have entered into their third successful Deferred Prosecution Agreement ("DPA") since the introduction of the agreement.
Following recent well publicised disclosure failures by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) and Police, it is vital to ensure that miscarriages of justice are prevented.
- Bribery & corruption
- Money Laundering
- HMRC fraud
- Company Director offences
- Trade Marks
89 days ago
93 days ago
93 days ago
- Romance Fraud - The risk of online dating
- Disqualified Directors Sentencing Guidelines
- The Scale and Nature of Fraud Report: lessons to be learned
- Private Prosecutions - myth busting
- Barker v RSPCA - Guidance on Animal Welfare Act disqualification orders
- Drink Driving
- Improving disclosure in the criminal justice system
- The DVSA: increased powers to issue on the spot fines