Anti-Bribery and other anti-corruption laws have seen a dramatic increase in importance in recent years, and is now firmly a part of the UK's legal compliance regime.
Our Fraud and Business Crime team provides a comprehensive service to clients seeking to navigate the key issues facing business in relation to the Bribery Act, and have significant experience in providing:
- Assistance with policies, procedures and management systems to prevent bribery;
- Bespoke training for directors, senior managers and employees on how to avoid criminalisation;
- Advising on bribery and corruption matters that arise during mergers, acquisition and due diligence exercises;
- Advice on the offences that can be committed under the Bribery Act, and how best to avoid them; and
- A full investigatory and legal defence service where criminal proceedings have begun.
Businesses risk unlimited fines, and individuals risk substantial prison sentences (amongst other penalties) where an offence has been committed. If your business operates in the UK, we can guide you through the law, best practice, and the grey areas.
Late last month it was announced that The Serious Fraud Office ("the SFO") have entered into their third successful Deferred Prosecution Agreement ("DPA") since the introduction of the agreement.