Zoe is a Solicitor in the Risk & Regulation team.
Zoe works with clients in highly regulated sectors, providing advice on investigations and prosecutions, crisis management and complex regulatory compliance issues, including regulatory crime.
Zoe’s practice specialises in health and safety and environmental law, providing advice to clients in a broad range of sectors with her practice covering inquests, public inquiries, environmental risk management and marine regulation.
Zoe also regularly works with the energy, commercial and corporate teams, providing regulatory and litigation due diligence advice on large-scale mergers and acquisitions.
Zoe’s work covers regulatory crime, including motoring offences, manslaughter and working closely with Marine and Transport Partner Lara Moore to lead prosecutions on behalf of port and harbour operators.
Health and Safety
- Assisting with the successful defence of a company director charged with gross negligence manslaughter following the death of a worker carrying out glazing installation at a retail park. The trial took place in Bristol Crown Court in January 2022.
- Conducting health and safety due diligence to the seller of a major UK supported living / learning disability care business being sold by auction
- Providing submissions on behalf of a highly regarded and reputable licenced professional participant in horse racing, following an application for withdrawal of his licence from the British Horse Association for failure to comply with health and safety responsibilities.
- Advising on environmental regulations and waste permits for large scale waste companies
- Conducting environmental due diligence on the acquisition of three major anaerobic digester sites, recycling companies
Inquests and Inquiries
- Representing and advising a scout leader at an inquest concerning 3 scout leaders, following the death of a scout in August 2018 in the Great Orme in North Wales.
- Providing witness support and representation at the Post Office Horizon IT Inquiry and advising organisations in relation to their participation in the Covid-19 Inquiry.
- Providing advice and representation to a family in relation to an inquest concerning the death of a family member in a care home.
- Successfully leading prosecutions against individuals for breaches of health and safety laws in ports and harbours
- Representing a driver charged with causing death by careless driving
- Advising Port and Harbour operators in relation to a range of regulatory matters.