Sian is a Partner and Head of the Property Litigation Team. Sian has extensive experience dealing with a wide range of property disputes.
Sian and the team handle disputes based on the construction of contracts, landlord and tenant issues such as exercising options to break, dilapidations claims and claims in insolvency, property related negligence matters, recovery work for social housing clients and commercial lenders, housing management, long leasehold work, statutory challenges and judicial review claims and real property issues such as party wall claims, right of light and easement proceedings.
As property litigation covers a real variety of work the cases the team work on are invariably interesting and provide the opportunity to work with clients to achieve their commercial goals. Market conditions in recent years have been challenging for both the private and public sector and the team makes sure that it constantly adapts to ensure that its input adds value for the client. The team members work very closely with Ashfords Real Estate Team and their clients and as the Property Litigation Team is a large team with very experienced staff it has the capacity and capability to handle any litigation issues that are encountered.
- National developers: Acting for a number of developers in connection with overage, option and land issues arising.
- Family property company: Acting for the company with a wide and varied commercial property portfolio issues arising, including regaining possession by forfeiture, opposed consent/licence applications, recovery of rents and enforcement of covenants.
- Private individuals and national developer: Acting jointly for private individuals and a national developer in opposing a statutory challenge brought by local protester group (Court of Appeal determination).
- Developer and private individuals: Acting jointly for a developer and private individuals in statutory challenge proceedings relating to the planning decision concerning a site in Wiltshire.
- Water utility company: Acting for the company in connection with contentious property claims including advice on options, enfranchisement, claims for damage brought against it.