We act for individuals, clubs and team sponsors and right holders on issues arising both on and off the field of play.
Our team of sports lawyers are equipped with a blend of technical expertise and practical understanding, which means we can secure the right solution for you.
We have a deep understanding of the unique legal challenges that athletes, coaches, teams, and sports organizations face. We work closely with our clients to provide solutions that meet their needs, including:
• Advising across the range of commercial contracts involved in sport business and event management, including sponsorship, merchandising, endorsement and event agreements.
• Advising on player contracts – providing independent legal advice before on sports related contracts.
• Sport related tax issues including tax on income earned through sport, which can be complicated.
• Advising brand, image rights, reputation and privacy including where privacy has been violated, image rights breaches, and the agreements involved in exploitation of brand.
• Tax on income earned through sport can be a complicated issue, our dedicated team can help to make it easier.
• Sports related disciplinary hearings.
• Sports related governance, with extensive experience of drafting the rules and regulations for sport governing bodies, as well as regulatory issues as they face.
Our sports related experience includes:
• Advising a prominent shareholder of a well-known SPL club on proceedings before the Scottish Premier League.
• Acting for participants in a number of sports facing allegations of race, match and spot fixing.
• Acting for a former boxing World Heavyweight Champion title holder on international boxing regulations.
We are lawyers you can count on to deliver. If you’d like to find out more about our services and whether we can help you, click the button below and get in touch.
Our team will be responsive and accessible – a valued partner ready to assist you every step of the way.Contact us