Kirsten is an Associate in the Employment Team specialising in advising on contentious and non contentious issues for both businesses and individuals. Kirsten has been qualified for 3 years.
Kirsten's contentious work focuses largely on Employment Tribunal claims but also involves advising businesses and individuals on pre-litigation strategy in an attempt to settle potential claims before they can reach the Tribunal.
In addition to litigation Kirsten also works with clients on advisory matters such as HR policy and procedure and reacting to new and upcoming changes in legislation.
Prior to qualifying as a Solicitor Kirsten was a manager in the NHS for 5 years and has first-hand experience of both people and project management which are skills she draws upon day to day in her role as a Solicitor.
- Variety of businesses and sectors including care homes, property management companies and restaurants: Acting for Respondents in relation to claims bought through the Employment Tribunal system.
- Individual claimant: Settling a claim for Disability Discrimination against a large UK retailer.
- Number of individual clients: Negotiating termination packages to facilitate the employee's exit from the business on favourable terms, to include amending settlement agreements and advising on the content and impact of these documents on employment rights.
- Variety of businesses and sectors including catering and IT: Drafting, negotiating and closing numerous settlement agreements to remove employees from the relevant business and mitigate the risk of claims arising as a result.
- Delivering training on social media and its impact on the workplace to HR professionals.