Kirsten is an Associate in the Employment Team based in Bristol. Kirsten qualified in 2016 and specialises in Employment Tribunal litigation managing cases from ACAS Early Conciliation stage all the way through to a Final Hearing as well as dealing with cases in the Employment Appeal Tribunal. She is experienced in dealing with both Respondent and Claimant clients as well as representing clients in multi-party Group Litigation.
Kirsten regularly works with clients in the Healthcare and Retail and Leisure industries in defending a wide range of Employment Tribunal causes of action, with a specialist interest in discrimination claims bought under the Equality Act 2010. She is also well established in representing private individuals in claims against large businesses in a variety of sectors.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Kirsten completed the NHS Graduate Management Training programme and worked as a manager in the NHS for five years including as a Regulatory Compliance Manager. She later completed her Training Contract with a large International Law Firm before qualifying as a Solicitor and joining Ashfords upon qualification.
Kirsten is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA).
- Care Home Respondent: Representing the client in a large Group Action instigated by over 100 Claimants alleging that the requirement for Care Home staff to have the COVID-19 Vaccine was discriminatory. The case is currently pending Appeal in the Employment Appeal Tribunal.
- Fast Food Franchise Respondent: Successfully securing a costs award in the client’s favour in the context of vexatious claims from a Claimant who is the subject of a Restricted Proceedings Order (RPO) issued by the Employment Appeal Tribunal and who had lodged a claim under a false identity to circumvent the effect of the RPO.
- Individual Claimant: Representing an individual Claimant in a Group Action against a large British airline in relation to claims arising from redundancy following the grounding of airlines in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Individual Claimant: Acting for an individual Claimant in a claim against a large marketing agency following her being made redundant whilst on maternity leave. The claim was settled mid-way through Trial for a substantial sum.
- Fast Food Franchise Respondent: Acting for the client and successfully settling claims for Trade Union Detriment against two Claimants arising from their participation in industrial strike action.