Jocelyn is a Partner in the Corporate Team.
He advises private equity, venture capital and other funds and public and private companies on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, minority investments, equity fundraisings and other strategic corporate and commercial transactions. He has extensive experience of advising on cross-border deals and transactions governed by the Takeover Code. He is also a member of the cross-disciplinary team of lawyers at Ashfords dealing with COVID-19 related enquiries.
Jocelyn has wide sector experience, but particular knowledge and insight in relation to healthcare services and life sciences, and a strong focus on digital health and fintech as well as wider technology opportunities. He has also worked on many financial services, food & drink, renewable energy and real estate M&A transactions.
Jocelyn is recognised in the Legal 500 UK 2020 guide to the legal profession for his expertise in relation to healthcare and venture capital transactions. The guide quotes clients who describe Jocelyn as "commercial and detail-orientated"; "outstanding" with an "ability to cut straight to the solution rather than dwelling on a problem"; "very well connected at senior levels in public and private companies and in government departments". He is also recognised as a Notable Practitioner for M&A and Private Equity work in the #IFLR1000 2020 EMEA rankings.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Jocelyn was a partner at Simmons & Simmons. He spent his formative years at Slaughter and May before moving to Allen & Overy as a senior associate and then becoming a partner at DAC Beachcroft.
- Financial services: Advising Curtis Banks Group plc on its conditional acquisition of SIPP/SSAS operator Talbot and Muir for up to £25.25m and on an associated cash box placing to raise £25m.
- Digital health: Advising the shareholders of a company developing artificial intelligence software on its sale to an AIM-quoted company by way of a share-for-share exchange.
- Healthcare: Advising a leading UK hospital group on acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic commercial transactions.
- Social care: Advising a UK private equity firm on bolt-on acquisitions of specialist care homes.
- Life sciences: Advising a European consumer healthcare company on the acquisition of two brands from a leading UK pharmaceutical group.
- Private equity: Advising an international private equity fund on the acquisition of two Eastern European energy companies in a Euro 141m transaction and a French private equity firm on the acquisition of a UK food business with a £27m turnover.
- Venture capital: Advising a biotech company on early stage funding rounds and venture capital firms on Series A and B investments in fintech companies.
Follow Jocelyn on twitter @jocelyn_ormond.