He is most frequently found working alongside Insolvency Practitioners or the management team of a struggling business. He has particular expertise in the legal services, retail, hospitality, construction and agricultural sectors. He has also dealt with a number of deceased insolvent estates.
David also advises on antecedent claims, fraud investigation and asset tracing.
David is recognised in the Legal 500 as a "Leader in his field", "very knowledgeable" and "He leaves no stone unturned."
- Private client: Making a hostile application for an Administration Order and then advising the Administrators whilst the multi-million pound businesses was traded for 9 months before being sold as a going concern. Substantial return to creditors who would otherwise have received nothing at all.
- Clothing manufacturer: Advising the majority of the Board of a clothing manufacturer. The business had been struggling financially for some time and the Board was deadlocked, each faction accusing the other of serious misconduct. Worked closely with PwC and, after intense negotiations with investors and key suppliers, delivered the solvent restructuring of the business.
- Private client: Obtaining a Freezing Order against a Bankrupt and family members after unravelling a complex series of property transactions. The case clarified the law of exoneration and was settled on a substantial payment to the Trustee in Bankruptcy.
- Tourist attraction: Advising the Administrators of Morwellham Quay, a tourist attraction set in a UNESCO world heritage site on the banks of the river Tamar which was also home to the BBC television series "Edwardian Farm".
- Various clients: Applying for the appointment of Provisional Liquidators to a debt management company and then pursuing claims for Fraudulent and Wrongful Trading.
Experienced in both corporate and personal issues, he offers a tenacious approach to any problem.