We have experience in dealing with all types of Contentious and Non-Contentious Corporate, Personal and Cross Border insolvency issues.
As well as acting for Insolvency Practitioners, we act for others affected by insolvency, such as lenders, professional advisors, trade creditors, businesses and individuals.
We are supported by our colleagues who are specialists in Banking, Property, Employment, Corporate and IP and who have knowledge and experience of insolvency issues.
In addition, we have established a niche expertise for cross border work and through our membership of INSOL and ADVOC, a global legal network with over 90 law firms worldwide. This enables us to advise clients located overseas to open insolvency proceedings in England and Wales, as well as clients based in the UK to trace and recover offshore assets.
Please click here to view the latest Insolvent Business and Asset Sale Bulletin.
We advise Insolvency Practitioners, as Administrator, Liquidator or Receiver on the sale of insolvent companies, LLPs and partnerships. This includes advising on the validity of the IP's appointment, lender's security and suppliers ROT. We also advise on a range of legal and commercial issues, including employees and pensions, IP and IT and commercial property.
We can help you by providing advice on acquiring businesses from Administrators and Liquidators. We can also assist on restructuring businesses without the need for formal insolvency proceedings. We can also advise Directors on trading during the "twilight period" before Administration or Liquidation.
We advise lenders, creditors and landlords on the insolvency of their customers/tenants. We assist lenders to enforce their security; landlords on recovering rent from an insolvent tenant; advise businesses to recover goods subject to Retention of Title and assist in the recovery of debts owed by a customer.
Relevant ExperienceAll relevant experience
14 days ago
23 days ago
- Cross Border Insolvency Update - February 2019
- Re: Agrokor DD et. al.  Case No. 18-12104
- Gunel Bakhshiyeva v Sberbank of Russia & Ors  EWCA Civ 2802
- How the courts treat bankruptcy petitions against personal guarantors (Wagner v White)
- Court refuses to set aside statutory demand based on personal guarantee (Wagner v White)
- Cross Border Insolvency Bulletin - December 2018
- New Media Distribution Company SEZC Ltd (formerly known as New Media Distribution Company Ltd) v Kagalovsky
- Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs v Robert James Leslie Stayton
- The correct use of funds in insolvency proceedings (Crumpler v Candey)
- Global Corporate v Hale appeal decision