We have experience in dealing with all types of Contentious and Non-Contentious Corporate, Personal and Cross Border insolvency issues.
As well as acting for Insolvency Practitioners, we act for others affected by insolvency, such as lenders, professional advisors, trade creditors, businesses and individuals.
We are supported by our colleagues who are specialists in Banking, Property, Employment, Corporate and IP and who have knowledge and experience of insolvency issues.
In addition, we have established a niche expertise for cross border work and through our membership of INSOL and ADVOC, a global legal network with over 90 law firms worldwide. This enables us to advise clients located overseas to open insolvency proceedings in England and Wales, as well as clients based in the UK to trace and recover offshore assets.
Please click here to view the latest Insolvent Business and Asset Sale Bulletin.
We advise Insolvency Practitioners, as Administrator, Liquidator or Receiver on the sale of insolvent companies, LLPs and partnerships. This includes advising on the validity of the IP's appointment, lender's security and suppliers ROT. We also advise on a range of legal and commercial issues, including employees and pensions, IP and IT and commercial property.
Advice for Businesses
We can help you by providing advice on acquiring businesses from Administrators and Liquidators. We can also assist on restructuring businesses without the need for formal insolvency proceedings. We can also advise Directors on trading during the "twilight period" before Administration or Liquidation.
We advise lenders, creditors and landlords on the insolvency of their customers/tenants. We assist lenders to enforce their security; landlords on recovering rent from an insolvent tenant; advise businesses to recover goods subject to Retention of Title and assist in the recovery of debts owed by a customer.
Sberbank of Russia v Ramljak  EHC 348 (Ch)
The High Court held that "final determination" signifies the very last stage of any proceedings, without the chance to appeal. Sberbank were therefore still bound by their undertaking to take no further steps in an arbitration against the Company.
Relevant ExperienceAll relevant experience
2 days ago
2 days ago
3 days ago
- Cross Border Restructuring and Insolvency Update - July 2018
- AABAR Block Sarl V Maud  EWHC 1414
- (1) Nori Holdings Ltd (2) Centimila Services Ltd (3) Coniston Management Ltd V Public Joint-Stock Co Bank Otkritie Financial Corp (2018)
- Agricultural Charges and Receiverships
- Cross Border Restructuring and Insolvency Update - June 2018
- Avanti Communications Group PLC - US Bankruptcy Court Enforces Nonconsensual Third-Party Releases in Chapter 15 Proceeding
- Peak Hotels & Resorts Ltd (in Liquidation) sub nom (1) Russell Crumpler (2) Sarah Bower (Joint Liquidators of Peak Hotels & Resorts Ltd (In Liquidation)) v Candey Ltd (2017)
- Opinion: This is how Clifton Village and Gloucester Road are surviving high street crisis
- Insolvency News And Legal Updates- June 2018
- Reynard -v- Fox  EWHC 443 (Ch)