Trainee Legal Executive
Sophia is a Trainee Legal Executive in the Real Estate Team.
Sophia deals with all aspects of non-contentious commercial and residential real estate transactions. She is now studying towards her CILEx qualifications. Her primary focus is in land acquisitions and disposals for residential development projects.
Prior to joining Ashfords, she had over ten years' real estate experience working for several other law firms as fee earner, including Top 100 UK law firm.
Sophia is also a native speaker of Mandarin Chinese.
- Dealing with all aspects of non-contentious commercial and residential real estate transactions including land acquisitions and disposals for residential development projects, buying and selling farms, agricultural land and high value residential properties, refinance of property portfolios, commercial leases;
- Working on residential development projects, dealing with option agreements, promotion agreements, overage deeds, conditional contracts, transfers of phased development, transfers of affordable housing, renewals and extensions of options;
- Completing due diligence exercises in preparation for secured finance over large industrial sites and residential development sites;
- Being part of the team dealing with property transactions resulting from corporate acquisition, merger, demerger, partnership dissolution and civil litigation;
- Being part of the team acting for several development and investment companies in relation to their commercial property requirements, including grant, assignment, renewal, surrender of leases and general landlord and tenant matters;
- Acting for government departments dealing with their property related matters including property acquisition and disposal, auction sales, leases, deed of variation, deed of release of covenants, wayleave agreements and deed of easements with utility companies.