Lucy is a Partner in the Public Sector Team specialising in public sector projects and procurement.
She advises government departments, local authorities, public bodies and private contractors. She works with clients from the outset of structuring a project until project completion and beyond. Lucy also specialises in providing specific advice on the procurement rules, commercial drafting, commercial negotiations, vires and State aid. Lucy regularly provides training to clients on the European procurement rules and relevant EU case law.
Since the initial roll-out of superfast broadband in the UK Lucy has been heavily involved in BDUK funded broadband projects for several local authorities. Lucy acts for several of the London Borough Housing Delivery Vehicles.
Lucy has been in legal practice for over 14 years. Prior to studying law, Lucy worked as an Assistant Clinical Psychologist at the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust.
- Homes for Lambeth: Ashfords is the sole legal advisor to the HFL Group, which is wholly owned by the London Borough of Lambeth and is delivering new homes across its estates and on privately-owned estates.
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea: Advising the Borough on its £253 million procurement of a consultancy and construction framework for its housing management capital investment programme as well as advising the Borough on the Edenham Way Regeneration Project.
- Brick by Brick Limited: Advising this Housing Delivery Vehicle, which is wholly owned by the London Borough of Croydon, in relation to procurement and contractual matters.
- London Borough of Newham: Advising the Borough on its corporate outsourcing programme.
- Herefordshire Council and Gloucestershire County Council: Advising the Councils on third stage of the Fastershire superfast and ultrafast broadband roll-out, Lucy has been advising on this project since the original pilot scheme in 2011.
- London Borough of Lambeth: Advising the Borough across all stages of several outsourcings including the outsourcing of its Revenue, Benefits and Customer Services and the outsourcing of its Facilities Management Services.
- Post Office Limited: Advising the Post Office on its £350 million ATM procurement.
Lucy is the consummate professional, she has an excellent knowledge and an eye for detail. Whilst she is extremely assertive in her representations she is also able to empathise with the client and translate the implications of often complex legal issues in a clear and concise way. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Lucy to anyone.
Matt Smith, Fastershire Broadband