Lorna is an Associate in the Employment Team. Lorna joined Ashfords in September 2016 and qualified in 2018.
Lorna provides legal advice to both businesses and individual employees, assisting them with trying to resolve disputes and providing day to day advice.
Lorna assists clients in both bringing and defending claims in the Employment Tribunal, County Court and High Court. Where appropriate, Lorna helps clients to resolve their dispute outside of the Tribunal or Court process, endeavouring to reach a settlement that works for the client.
Lorna advises on a range of claims including unfair dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing and breach of contract.
Prior to joining the Employment Team, Lorna worked with both the Dispute Resolution Team and the Corporate Team as part of her training before qualifying as a Solicitor. She is able to draw on her experience of corporate transactional work when providing corporate support on the employment aspects of buying and selling businesses.
Lorna studied law at the University of Bristol and spent a year studying German law in Würzburg, Germany as part of her degree.
- Various businesses and sectors including restaurants, care homes and pre-schools: Acting for Respondents in defending claims in the Employment Tribunal, including claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing.
- Various individual clients: Acting for Claimants in pursuing claims in the Employment Tribunal or negotiating a settlement with their current or former employer.
- Various businesses: Advising on breach of restrictive covenant claims which may be pursued in the County Court or High Court.
- Various clients: Drafting, reviewing and updating employment documents and contracts.
- Various clients: Providing employment support on corporate deals.