Flora is a Partner and Head of the Insurance and Liability Claims Team. She offers support on all aspects of liability claims involving personal injury and accidents.
Flora acts for individuals, businesses, public sector, government agencies, and insurance companies providing advice and support to her clients both before and after the issue of proceedings. She has expertise in relation to fatal accidents, brain injury cases and catastrophic injuries as well as general multi track and fast track cases involving road accidents, occupiers' liability and public liability claims. Flora also delivers training to clients and their claims teams.
Flora's level of expertise and excellence is recognised by the Law Society who have appointed her a member of the Society's Personal Injury Panel (an accreditation given to specialists in her field).
Prior to studying law, Flora studied History and German at university and then worked as a Paralegal in Sydney Australia. She also worked for The Economist in their special reports section, undertaking both editorial and research work.
- Defendant: Advising a Defendant in relation to a claim by a motorcyclist who suffered serious leg injuries resulting in an above the knee amputation over 2 years after the accident. Achieving a settlement at £1.7 million shortly after allocation of the proceedings and before significant costs were to be incurred by the multiple experts instructed by both sides.
- Defendant: Advising a Defendant in relation to a brain injury claim valued in excess of £5 million. Steering a clear line between assisting with effective rehabilitation and challenging an excessive and inadequate care package and achieving a settlement at £3 million well below the reserve.
- Private client: Advising a farmer facing a claim from a lawful visitor to his property who was injured when attempting to gain access to a barn using the wrong door. Advising a robust defence, providing early disclosure of witness evidence and successfully pressurising the Claimant to discontinue the claim.
- Insurer client: Advising in relation to claim by a cyclist who sustained multiple injuries including post-concussion syndrome and mild traumatic brain injury.
- Insurer client: Advising insurers for a scrap metal company in relation to injuries sustained by a visitor who fell down an open manhole which had been left exposed by on-site contractors. Advising in relation to both liability, ability to make a cross-claim and quantum.
Highly professional and applies herself assiduously to obtain the best possible outcome for the client.
Legal 500 2018