Flora is a Legal Director and Head of the Personal Injury Team. She offers support on all aspects of liability claims involving personal injury and accidents.
Flora acts for individuals, businesses, public sector and insurance companies providing advice and support to her clients both before and after the issue of proceedings in both the High Court and County Courts. She has expertise in relation to fatal accidents, brain injury cases and catastrophic injuries as well as general multi track cases involving road accidents, occupiers' liability and public liability claims.
Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, Flora worked as a library researcher for a set of barristers chambers in London and as a paralegal in Sydney, Australia.
- Brain Injury: working with expert neuro psychologists, neuro radiologists and neurologists advising on brain injury cases from minor to severe including a case with a claim value in excess of £5 million.
- Fatal Accidents: dealing with cases involving all types of dependents from spouses to children and parents, working with clients and witnesses suffering from shock and extreme emotional distress, attending at the inquests and supporting through to settlement.
- Amputee: experience working with expert physiotherapists and prosthetics providers, including advising in relation to a claim by a motorcyclist who suffered serious leg injuries resulting in an above the knee amputation. Achieving a settlement at £1.7 million shortly after proceedings issued.
- Agriculture: including advising in relation to claims involving farming related accidents, farm vehicles and machinery, Animals Act claims and liability relating to farming contractors
- Maritime: advising in relation to injury suffered by a commercial fisherman who suffered a serious injury at sea requiring years of restorative surgery and plastic surgery.
- Motorbike cases: advising in relation to liability and quantum in relation to motorcyclists sustaining multiple injuries including head injury and permanent spinal injuries.
- Occupiers Liability: advising home owners in relation to accidents sustained by contractors or visitors on their land.
- Winter Sports: dealing with claims where both liability and quantum are disputed and where the claims are multi jurisdictional.