Flora is a Partner and Head of the Insurance and Liability Claims Team. She offers support on all aspects of liability claims involving personal injury and accidents.
Flora acts for individuals, businesses, public sector, government agencies, and insurance companies providing advice and support to her clients both before and after the issue of proceedings. She has expertise in relation to fatal accidents, brain injury cases and catastrophic injuries as well as general multi track and fast track cases involving road accidents, occupiers' liability and public liability claims. Flora also delivers training to clients and their claims teams.
Flora's level of expertise and excellence is recognised by the Law Society who have appointed her a member of the Society's Personal Injury Panel (an accreditation given to specialists in her field).
Prior to studying law, Flora studied History and German at university and then worked as a Paralegal in Sydney Australia. She also worked for The Economist in their special reports section, undertaking both editorial and research work.
- Amputee: experience working with expert physiotherapists and prosthetics providers, including advising in relation to a claim by a motorcyclist who suffered serious leg injuries resulting in an above the knee amputation. Achieving a settlement at £1.7 million shortly after proceedings issued.
- Brain Injury: working with expert neuro psychologists, neuro radiologists and neurologists advising on brain injury cases from minor to severe, including a complex brain injury claim involving the Court of Protection which achieved settlement at £3 million.
- Spinal injury: experience working with spinal and pain management consultants on cases involving claimants in permanent pain and with long term mobility issues including a claim by an employee who suffered severe crushing injuries, PTSD and situational anxiety.
- Agriculture: including advising in relation to claims involving farming related accidents, farm vehicles and machinery, Animals Act claims and liability relating to farming contractors.
- Maritime: including claims in relation to an accident on a cruise ship, an explosion on a dive ship and a collision in the English Channel.
Highly professional and applies herself assiduously to obtain the best possible outcome for the client.
Legal 500 2018