Brendan is a Professional Support Lawyer in the Corporate Team specialising in corporate governance, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions.
Brendan advises on corporate governance and transactions, especially in relation to technology companies. He also writes materials for the firm, including information sheets and articles for the firm’s website. A recent focus has been the regime concerning people with significant control over a company; he has also written on various aspects of Brexit.
Brendan joined the Corporate Team from the Commercial Litigation Team, where he acted for banks in professional negligence claims against surveyors and solicitors. Before turning to law, he taught English for various colleges at the University of Oxford.
- Episode 1: Assisting with seed investments in technology companies, including Attest, eMoov, SimplyCook and Zipcube.
- Notion Capital: Assisting with investments in various companies, including ProFinda and Volo.
- Imperial Innovations: Advising on due diligence aspects of investments, including Import.io and Telectic.
- Atom SpA: Advising on due diligence aspects of the purchase of Shoemaster from Torielli.
- Westminster Group: Assisting with investments in the company.