Susie is a Partner and Head of the Residential & Rural Property team, specialising in non-contentious agricultural, equestrian and rural matters.
Susie advises in complex high value transactions, secured lending, sales, purchases, tenancies, contract farming and share farming agreements, and equestrian contracts. Her work focuses on supporting clients in rural, landed estates and family businesses. She also acts for private corporate and institutional clients.
Susie has experience advising on:
- disposals of multimillion pound farming business and estates including presale tax planning, environmental, overage provisions and transfers of part
- purchase of large tracts of arable land, advising landed estates in respect of sporting rights, tenancies and mines and minerals
- collaboration agreements such as contract and share farming agreements
- deeds of variation to remove modern ground rent provisions and lease extensions
- property matters associated with inheritance tax planning
- disposal of farms
- auction sales in lots
- voluntary first registrations
- letting of property including agricultural workers' dwellings
- deeds of easement and release of covenants.
Susie is ranked in band 1 in Chambers 2023.
- Private client: specialising in rural and equestrian non-contentious property matters, sales, purchases, tenancies, secured lending, easements, sporting rights and profits a prendre. Support to private client wealth planning and succession. Support to dispute resolution team such as partnership disputes and contested inheritance matters. Supporting family team in disposals and transfers of equity.
- Agricultural businesses: Acting for large agricultural businesses with a broad range of deals and complexities.
- Farming business: Acting for a progressive diversified farming business in the acquisition of 3 farms during the course of the last 6 years with continued expansion plans.
- Investor: Acting for a European professional investor in portfolio acquisitions.