Susie is a Partner in the Residential Property Team specialising in non-contentious agricultural, equestrian and rural matters.
Susie advises in complex high value transactions, secured lending, sales, purchases, tenancies, contract farming and share farming agreements, and equestrian contracts. Her work focuses on supporting clients in agriculture, landed estates and family businesses. She also acts for private corporate and institutional clients.
Susie has experience advising on:
- disposals of multimillion pound farming business including presale tax planning, environmental and overage provisions
- purchase of large tracts of arable land, advising landed estates in respect of sporting rights, tenancies and mines and minerals
- collaboration agreements such as contract and share farming agreements
- deeds of variation to remove modern ground rent provisions and lease extensions on rural properties
- disposal of farms on retirement
- auction sales in lots
- advice on farm payment issues
- voluntary first registrations
- letting of property including agricultural workers' dwellings
Susie is ranked in band 1 in Chambers 2020.
Chambers 2019, "she is very practical and she will just get things done".
- Private clients: Specialising in rural and equestrian non-contentious property matters, sales, purchases, tenancies, secured lending, easements, sporting rights and profits a prendre. Support to private client wealth planning and succession. Support to dispute resolution team such as partnership disputes and contested inheritance matters. Supporting family team.
- Agricultural businesses: Acting for large agricultural businesses in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset, Wiltshire and Dorset with a broad range of deals and complexities.
- Farming business: Acting for a progressive diversified farming business in the acquisition of 3 farms during the course of the last 6 years with continued expansion plans.
- Investor: Acting for a European professional investor in portfolio acquisitions.
Susie Murray wins high praise for her work on transactional matters. An impressed source appreciates that "she has a can-do attitude wanting to get the job done.