Su is a Legal Director in the Employment Team, advising on both contentious and non-contentious matters for employees across the public and private sectors. Su qualified in 2007.
Su supports clients through complex internal HR issues, business sales and acquisitions and restructures, focusing always on understanding the culture underpinning the client's business and reaching the client's end goal. Having acted on numerous multi party and complex discrimination claims for large organisations, Su has built a reputation on her strong negotiating skills, clear analysis and robust, but pragmatic approach, which have achieved excellent results for her clients. Su has developed a practice advising unionised employers on recognition agreements and on managing threatened industrial action.
- Hello Fresh: Sole employment law adviser to Hello Fresh, advising on issues such as the TUPE and collective redundancy obligations arising out of the insourcing of its warehousing and distributions services; its policies on stop and search and drug and alcohol testing; and preparation of service agreements.
- London Borough of Wandsworth: Managing the firm's relationship with these large local authorities in relation to all aspects of employment law and tribunal claims, including recent advice on complex issues relating to the variation of contractual terms following the transfer of staff from NHS to local government employment.
- London Borough of Newham: Securing the complete withdrawal of consolidated claims of sexual orientation discrimination, constructive unfair dismissal and whistle blowing, all based on allegations of bullying and harassment, thereby avoiding a 10 day hearing, by use of appropriate costs warnings.
- Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited: Advising on all employment aspects on the transfer of engagements of Home Owners Friendly Society Limited to Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited, including extensive advice on TUPE and redundancy consultations. The combined assets under management of the merged entity totalled £6 billion.
- Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Trust: Providing HR advice and support on a variety of issues, including contracts, secondments, equal pay, grievances and capability procedures to the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Trust.