Sophia is a Solicitor in the Property Litigation Team. Sophia is experienced in dealing with a wide variety of property litigation work including housing litigation.
Sophia is experienced in dealing with a wide range of contentious property and housing related issues. Sophia advises private companies, developers, registered providers of social housing and local authorities as well as private individuals.
Sophia has experience in a broad range of residential and commercial landlord and tenant matters including contentious lease renewals, options to break, breach of covenant and service charges issues. Sophia also deals with residential lease extension and enfranchisement claims and is accustomed to dealing with proceedings in the courts and the First Tier Tribunal.
Sophia's wider property experience includes easements, restrictive covenants, adverse possession, trespass, nuisance and boundary disputes.
Sophia is a member of the Property Litigation Association. She first joined the department in January 2010 and spent more than 3 years as a Paralegal with the team prior to commencing her training contract.
- National developer: Assisting with a commercial development dispute for a national developer based on the construction of an overage agreement.
- Commercial tenant: Providing advice to a commercial tenant in respect of its ability to exercise an option to break and negotiating a surrender of the lease.
- Registered provider: Advising a registered provider in respect of its right to claim adverse possession as a defence to an application for first registration.
- Various clients: Assisting in serving notices pursuant to paragraph 20(1) and 21(2) of the Electronic Communications Code (Telecommunications Act 2984 Sch.2 as amended by Sch.3 to the Communications Act 2003).
- Private company: Advising a commercial client on potential environmental nuisance claim and encroachment issues.