Scott is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Team. He is recommended by Legal 500 in recognition of his work in our Venture Capital, Technology and Corporate teams.
Scott specialises primarily in investment and fund-raising, working with both investors and founders of scaling businesses to support on funding rounds from Seed through to Series B and beyond.
He also has significant experience advising on private equity transactions, along with exits and acquisitions of private companies in a range of sectors; having worked for buyer and seller sides on a number of deals with substantial valuations.
Scott also advises on general corporate issues including share buy-backs, group reorganisations, company constitutions and capital reductions. He is also a member of the team of lawyers at Ashfords dealing with enquiries relating to the National Security and Investment Act 2021.
- Advising market leading investors BGF and Parkwalk on a number of co-investments into scaling businesses, including health-tech business Pathfinder Medical as part of an £8 million funding round.
- Advising space-tech and thermal data specialists Global Satellite Vu Ltd with their £15 million + Series A investment round.
- Acting for the majority shareholders of leading homeware brand Loaf on the sale of the company to a private buyer for a significant sum.
- Advising battery-tech experts Anaphite Limited on their £4.1 million pre-Series A investment round, involving a number of VC funds and angel investors.
- Advising VC fund Volution on a range of investments including as part of a £3 million Series A round into Rotageek, an award-winning employee scheduling solution for retail, entertainment, hospitality and healthcare organisations.
- Acting for Augmentum Fintech, SBI Investment and Volution on their investments into category-leading digital mortgage broker Habito.
- Advising Iksuda Therapeutics Ltd, who are developing novel antibody therapies for cancer treatment, on their $47 million Series A investment round.
- Acting for the sellers on the sale of GoMedia, a provider of global passenger information, messaging and entertainment systems, to Icomera, an ENGIE Solutions company.
- Advising Bristol based agri-tech start-up, Lettus Grow, on over £2.5 million of investment by a mixture of high-net-worth individuals and institutional investors, including Bethnal Green Ventures and the University of Bristol Enterprise Fund II (managed by Parkwalk).
- Advising a substantial national investment fund on secondary investments into a successful portfolio company totalling circa £10 million, including advice on complex capital waterfall provisions and investor protections.
- Advising both management and exiting institutional investors on the disposal of the entire issued share capital of a well-known private company in the wedding sector, for substantial consideration.